This is a Pre-Order and non-refundable. RELEASE DATE: June 15, 2023
Place a separate order for this item if you do not want other in-stock items, in your order, held up. All items ordered together, ship together. Ships on or before the release date posted.
Purchase hassle-free low cost insurance at checkout which covers your entire order against damage. Insurance does not cover lost packages or delays by the carrier. We strongly encourage you to purchase hassle-free low cost insurance for your order at checkout. It will cover your entire order against damage, not just this item.
BPCD1619 NEVERMORE - IN MEMORY (GOLD CD) 637405142099
- Authentically licensed 1996 classic album released on Century Media
- Features five hard-to-find bonus tracks / 10 total tracks
- Production by former Soilwork guitarist Peter Wichers
- With the coveted Brutal Planet GoldMax Deluxe CD reissue treatment
- Elite 2023 Remaster by Rob Colwell of Bombworks Sound
- Peter Murphy/Bauhaus cover song
- Gold Disc CD to discourage disc rot and add beauty and elegance
- Every CD comes with a deluxe foil-stamped collector's card of Nevermore
- Expanded 8-page insert with lyrics and additional band pics
- Gold Disc border on the front cover - but the back of the booklet features the front cover with no Gold border around the edges
- Booklet write-up by esteemed heavy metal music critic, Martin Popoff!
ABOUT THE ALBUM
The "In Memory" EP were songs recorded during the "Politics of Ecstasy" sessions, released prior to that album of course. The interesting thing about this EP is that despite being recorded during those sessions, it does have a different feel then those songs. It seems like they overloaded that album with the more technical material, as well as the material that was a bit heavier, and this resulting EP isn't as "destructive". Jeff Loomis and Pat O'Brien were an interesting combination in early Nevermore, just listen to the opener "Optimist or Pessimist". The main riff is death/thrash riff provided courtesy of the malevolent Pat O'Brien. Then Loomis swoops in at all the right times to add an eerie sounding clean guitar break, that leads into a great solo, as well as another one at the end of the song. "Matricide" and the title track "In Memory" are both great semi-ballads, Warrel Dane is in a class of his own when it comes to expressing emotion. This EP really hinted at the direction this band was going to take with subsequent albums, and it provided an excellent appetizer for the accompanying release, "Politics of Ecstasy".
1 Optimist Or Pessimist
3 In Memory
4 Silent Hedges / Double Dare
Lyrics By – Peter Murphy – Bauhaus
5 The Sorrowed Man
6 The Tienanmen Man (demo)
7 The Seven Tongues of God (demo)
8 Passenger (demo)
9 This Sacrament (demo)
10 42147 (demo, instrumental)