DELIVERANCE - WEAPONS OF OUR WARFARE + 8 Bonus (*NEW-CD, LONG BOX - GOLD DISC EDITION, Retroactive Records)
***We strongly encourage you to purchase hassle-free low cost insurance for your order at checkout. It will cover your entire order against damage, not just this item. Insurance does not cover lost packages.
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING ABOUT WEAPONS OF OUR WARFARE...
A high point of thrash, Christian or not. - 95%
Another album that has gained a well-deserved iconic reputation within speed metal and melodic thrash circles is 1990 Intense Records Deliverance sophomore album Weapons Of Our Warfare.
Angelic Warlord Reviews
In 1999 Lars Ulrich, drummer for the Metallica, hosted a show in which he named Deliverance’s “Weapons of Our Warfare” as one of his Top 10 metal videos of all time.
Solid sales afforded a bigger budget for Weapons of Our Warfare, which is still
mentioned with hushed reverence among Christian metalheads as one of the best speed metal albums of all time.
Mark Allan Powell / Encyclopedia of CCM
- #3 on the Christian Metal Realm's (CMR) Top 100 Christian Metal Albums
- #16 on Angelic Warlord's The Top 50 Christian Metal & Hard Rock Albums of the Nineties
- 2021 Remaster by Rob Colwell of Bombworks Sound (Rob remastered the 2008 reissue and now we get an updated remaster with 2021 technology)
- First time ever on Gold Disc
- Includes 8 bonus tracks from the Weapons...demo sessions and (one) studio track recorded for the album, but not used.
- Includes an exclusive Deliverance Gold foil-stamped trading card
- The Gold Disc edition comes exclusively in the deluxe Long Box form
- 12-page insert booklet featuring new and never-before-seen band pics/lyrics
- Deliverance classic logo is spread out on the spines of the Deliverance debut + Weapons...+ What a Joke Gold Disc editions...if you stack the spines together in order it creates the Deliverance logo.
- Webstore exclusive - these will not be wholesaled to other retailers
ABOUT THE ALBUM
Only a year after the band released the historic Self-Titled debut, the band released their 1990 tour de force: Weapons of Our Warfare. Metallica created Master of Puppets, Slayer bludgeoned the world with the classic Reign In Blood, Flotsam & Jetsam had Doomsday..., and Exodus boasted Bonded By Blood - all albums that would create the standard for all other speed metal releases. Weapons of Our Warfare was that album for Deliverance. It cemented the band's place as iconic speed metal royalty. To this very day, Weapons is still mentioned with hushed reverence among Christian metalheads as one of the elite speed metal albums of all time.
Guitarist Glenn Rogers had exited the band and former Recon guitarist George Ochoa had joined in his place. Weapons of our Warfare turned out to be one monster of a record, a genuine speed metal classic. Each and every song is played with a feverish fury, and once again the song writing is outstanding. Since 1985, lead vocalist and rhythm guitarist, Jimmy Brown had been crafting some of the tastiest techniques for complex rhythms and highly technical rhythm guitar. Brown's guitar mastery drives the album from start to finish, setting new standards of power, precision, and stamina. The album shows marked musical growth with several adrenaline-driven, extended, multi-sectioned compositions foreshadowing the band's later progressive epics. And the trade-off guitar leads by Brown and Ochoa provide first rate riffage that will satisfy even the most skilled Guitar Hero addict.
A video version of the title track became the first Christian metal song to gain airplay on MTV, and it placed among the top three on that network's Headbanger's Ball countdown for twelve weeks in a row! In 1999, Lars Ulrich (Metallica) hosted a show in which he named Deliverance "Weapons..." as one of his top ten favorite metal videos of all time.
Weapons of Our Warfare (Gold Disc) takes all the magic from the original release and magnifies it! Featuring a complete 2021 Digital Remastering, Rob Colwell of Bombworks Sound worked hard to make it sound substantially better than the original, while still keeping the character of it. The original artwork is expanded to a 12 panel booklet (many Weapons era photos and lyrics!) and packaged in a jewel case to make sure this reissue delights all Mighty D fans, as well as fans of Believer, Slayer, Exodus, Metallica, Tourniquet, and Anthrax.
1 Supplication 1:47
2 This Present Darkness 2:47
3 Weapons Of Our Warfare 4:21
4 Solitude 6:02
5 Flesh & Blood 7:23
6 Bought By Blood 3:19
7 23 5:44
8 Slay the Wicked 4:01
9 Greetings of Death 2:47
10 If We Faint Not 4:25
11. Rescue (Studio version recorded for the Weapons album but not used)
***Weapons of Our Warfare Demo Tracks
12. Weapons Of Our Warfare
13. This Present Darkness
14. Greetings Of Death
16. Slay The Wicked