JESUS FREAKS - SOCIALLY UNACCEPTIBLE (*NEW-VINYL, 2021, Roxx) Rare elite THRASH!
- First time ever available on vinyl
- 180 gram audiophile black vinyl
- Pressed at 45 RPM for maximum sound quality
- Full color 2-sided printed insert with lyrics & photos
- Features updated cover artwork from Scott Waters at NoLifeTilMetal
- Newly remastered by Rob Colwell at Bombworks Sound
- Strictly limited to just 200 copies
- Also available on Compact Disc
- Jesus Freak 1996 self-titled album also available on remastered CD
- release date October 30, 2020
Socially Unacceptable is the debut album from Jesus Freaks, originally released in 1993. The album can only be described as pure, unadulterated thrash metal. Many reviewers compared the band's sound to early Metallica, though the Jesus Freaks can never be considered a clone of any band.
Despite the band releasing their debut album on a small independent label, it went on to sell over 15,000 copies in a short amount of time. Few independent bands saw the success and popularity of California's Jesus Freaks. The band toured extensively, including on the successful Hardcore '94 tour with Crashdog and The Clergy and a stint across the U.S. with Mortification in 1995. Unfortunately the original CD and cassette pressings have been scarce and hard-to-find for decades. Roxx Records is proud to be officially releasing Socially Unacceptable on CD and for the first time on vinyl.
Rob Colwell at Bombworks Sound has given the 2020 reissue of Socially Unacceptable and incredible new remaster. It's almost as if you had never heard this album before! The vinyl is pressed on high-quality180-gram audiophile black vinyl at 45 RPM for the ultimate sound experience. The debut album IS also re-released on CD for the first time since 1993. Also on CD is the band's 1996 self-titled album.
1 Religion 3:38
2 Hypocrite 7:43
3 Mourning By Night 4:06
4 D.U.I. 5:13
5 Scarlet Pleasures 5:18
6 Die With Me 4:41