***Dale also sings on two The World Will Burn CDs and the debut Perpetual Paranoia - The Reapers CD all available from Boone's.
Perpetual Paranoia - Between the Altar and the Cross (*NEW-CD, 2019, Retroactive Records) Bride's Dale Thompson + Tiago of Hand of Fire
****FREE MP3 RIPSTREAM DOWNLOAD WITH PURCHASE
Product ID: RRCD1527
Label: Retroactive Records
- Guest Vocalists: Les Carlsen (Bloodgood), and Chaz Bond (BioGenesis), JT (Metal Nobre)
- Guest Guitarists: Oz Fox (Stryper), Paul Jackson (Bloodgood), and Troy Thompson (Bride), Juninho Afram (Oficina G3 of Brazil)
ABOUT THE ALBUM
Tiago James de Souza was first known as guitarist for the bay area thrash band, Hand of Fire. Dale Thompson was first known as the vocalist for Christian hard rock legends, Bride. They have teamed up for their second album of heavy metal enchantment. We say “enchantment” because this slab-o-metal is more dangerous and packed full of more pure magic than an enchanted forest. Trust us – this one is a maturation of the brilliance of the band’s debut, The Reaper.
Let’s talk about the guitars on this album. They are instantly recognizable as Tiago is a jazz musician with an electric magic wand in his hands – far more than predictable, by-the-numbers heavy metal. Expect occasional soft intros that lead into heavy, driving riffs, along with odd chord progressions and key changes that keep the listener entranced on what’s coming next. There are multiple completely memorable solos on this album that take excellent songs to even higher levels. Tiago’s guitar work is second to none. As if the album could not get better, Between the Altar and the Cross also features guest axe-men Juninho Afram (Oficina G3 of Brazil), Paul Jackson (Bloodgood), Oz Fox (Stryper) and Troy Thompson (Bride). You will also hear the talent of guest vocalists, JT (Metal Nobre), Les Carlsen (Bloodgood), and Chaz Bond (BioGenesis). The band spared nothing on this album. Dale’s vocals are as aggressive as ever – daring, mesmerizing, and leading the listener deeper into the enchanted forest of metal. Be careful – there are fire-breathing dragons in that forest, and we promise Between the Altar and the Cross will take you to places you did not know existed. 12 tracks packaged in an 8 page insert and a jewel case.
1. TRAMPLED UNDER FEET (Chaz Bond. Biogenesis. Vocal ) ( Hirion Jr. Metal Nobre Keyboard)
2. BETWEEN THE ALTAR AND THE CROSS ( Hirion Jr. Metal Nobre. Keyboard )
3. SIN MACHINE (Paul Jackson. BloodGood. Gtr Solo ) ( Hirion Jr. Metal Nobre. Keyboard)
4. LEAVING WITH THE GODS ( JT Metal Nobre. Vocal ) ( Hirion Jr. Metal Nobre. Keyboard)
5. PERPETUAL PARANOIA ( Les Carlsen. Bloodgood. Vocal )
6. THOUGH HE SLAY ME ( Hirion Jr. Metal Nobre. Keyboard )
7. THERE WILL BE BLOOD ( Juninho Afram. Oficina G3 ) ( Hirion Jr. Metal Nobre )
8. IN VAIN (Troy Thompson. Bride. Gtr Solo) (Hirion Jr. Metal Nobre Keyboard)
9. MY GOD MY GOD (Marcio Okayama. Gtr Solo intro)
10. CHURCH OF MAKE BELIEVE
11. THE RHEMA
Drums : Johnny Mazza ( Oficina G3, PG, Rockerage, Patmus )
Also playing are:
First. Hirion Júnior from Metal Nobre, Jt Metal Nobre, Juninho Afram from Oficina G3, Marcio Okayama, Johnny Mazza From Rockerage and Oficina G3, Oz Fox From Stryper, Les Carlsen from BloodGood, Paul Jackson from Bloodgood. Troy Thompson from Bride, Chaz Bond from BioGenesis, Rafael Tavares the creator of the cover art, Matthew our label Retroactive records. And Juan Urteaga mix and mastering!
And the master Dale Thompson from Bride.